The mission of the Wisconsin Naval Ship Association is to honor veterans for their service, while educating our future generations in military history.
The Military Heritage Museum and Education Center will provide hands-on, interactive opportunities to explore our naval history. In cooperation and collaboration with schools, educators and other secondary education entities (such as Navy Sea Cadet programs), the museum will provide opportunities to study history and experience a snap shot of the future need for scientists, engineers, and various marine technicians.
We are conducting video interviews with veterans in an effort to create a searchable data base for viewing at the Military Heritage Museum and Education Center of Sheboygan. These videos will be made available to historical research entities, educational groups and libraries. If you, or someone you know, is interested in being interviewed, please call the museum at (920) 254-8777. Thanks are extended to Lakeland College, Silverwater Productions and the Early Bird Rotary of Sheboygan for their support.
Sponsor an interview of a veteran from research and studio time, to completion for presentation at the museum - $160.00
Become a WINSA member and you'll get a chance to meet veterans and hear stories from the unsung heroes. Touch and feel authentic military equipment, become a sea captain in simulators and explore the deck teeming with action. Veterans walk the same paths they did many years ago, and retell their experiences right in the areas they occupied. WINSA membership is $25 per year, or $50 for two years (membership extended through 2012). Membership application.
- Discounts on special events
- Open invitation to all WINSA board meetings
- Annual WINSA membership meeting invitation
- Discount to the Military Heritage Museum and Education Center of Sheboygan
- Subscription to the WINSA's monthly e-newsletter, The Signal
- Copy of the annual report of Wisconsin Naval Ship Association
- Advance notice of exhibition previews, educational programs, and special events
- 10% discount at the Ship's Store
- Personalized Membership Card
We appreciate your support. Please make checks, corporate matches, or other gifts payable to WINSA. Completed Pledge Cards can be mailed to the following address:
Wisconsin Naval Ship Association
3120 S. Business Drive - Suite 140
Sheboygan, WI 53081
Hall of Fame
A special thanks is extended to the following "Hall of Fame" individuals that have made significant contributions to the Wisconsin Naval Ship Association. View list.
The following United States Navy Reserve individuals have been elected posthumously to the WINSA’s Board of Honor. May their “shipmates” and all others know that their outstanding support of the mission was important, appreciated and recognized!
- CAPT Richard F. Caswell, CEC, USNR (ret) President Emeritus
- PO1 James Derse, Consultant/Recruiter
- CAPT Donald Hansen, Senior Staff Advisor
- PO3 John Kupferschmidt, Special Projects Rep
- F1/C Clinton A. Caswell, Special Supporter
Wisconsin Naval Ship Association | Sheboygan, Wisconsin | (920) 254-8777